Thursday, June 19, 2008

More socks!

Some people may be curious as to whatever happened to that nearly finished sock from a while back. Never fear, the toe has been grafted shut and a pair has been knitted. They actually fit me, although I have not worn them out of the house yet. Who wants to wear wool socks in this weather? I think the self-striping yarn and a simple sock pattern make a good combination. The stripes hide any mistakes that may exist in my first pair of socks.And, I've started another sock. Hubbers requested that I make him a pair of socks, which is what started this whole sock-knitting thing in the first place. Here's the gusset of the first sock in his pair. This one is going a bit slower, maybe it's the smaller needles, the ribbing or the larger size.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! You are a knitting prodigy. It was years before I was knitting socks. I look forward to seeing the pair you are knitting for your hubby.

    ReplyDelete