Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cherry Harvest

This year, our garden is indeed producing food. So far, we've been eating our own mulberries, cherries, basil, cilantro, oregano, chives and snap peas. A few days ago, I collected the last of the cherries, and put them into a little pie. As I threw the mini-pie into the toaster oven to bake, Hubbers rented a movie... Sweeney Todd. About 30 minutes into the movie, I took the cherry pie out of the oven only to discover it's eerie similarity to one of Mrs. Lovett's meat pies. So we didn't eat the pie that night, we saved it for the next day.

2 comments:

  1. GROSS!!! I can't watch that movie because I think I would barf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently there are a lot of knitted items to drool over in that movie. I guess you could say it's a yarn pr0no (have to misspell - big brother is reading this).

    ReplyDelete