Sunday, May 4, 2008

Almost finished projects

I finished this felted triangle purse a while back. It's pretty exciting for my first attempt at felting. It's rather lopsided looking, so I still need to try to straighten it out.

A few days ago, I finished this sock (I took the picture before I knew how to graft the toe). It seems to fit my foot, but it's not very useful until I make its mate. I have about an inch done on the cuff of the second sock. Making the sock was kind of like reading a good book. I couldn't put it down because I kept wondering what would happen next. At first, I couldn't wait to start the heel, and then I had to finish each part of the heel to see if it would really look like a heel. I was almost sad when I finished the heel and only had the foot and toe left to do. This was a basic sock pattern and I also used this Socks 101 to help figure out the new stitches. And of course I got plenty of help from my Stitch n Bitch group. Now it seems like the whole group is knitting socks.

2 comments:

  1. The sock looks great!

    I am still slightly jealous and your knitting prowess. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of your bag makes it look HUGE compared to the background. Does this make sense?

    ReplyDelete