Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quadrathlon

The Mount Taylor Quadrathlon happens every President's Day Weekend in Grants, NM. Here's the deal:
  • 13-mile bike, with 1700-foot climb
  • 5-mile run, with 1250-foot climb
  • 2-mile x-country ski, climbing 1200 feet
  • 1-mile snow shoe, climbing 600 feet
  • Now turn around and do it all back to the start
Every year, I say I'll get a team together to do this as a relay... and every year there's some obstacle. This year, I simply forgot about it. Coincidentally, last weekend I biked on Saturday, skied on Sunday and ran on Monday... so I was just one sport shy of doing my own personal quadrathlon over 3 days.

I always thought I'd do any part of this relay other than the bike ride because I didn't have the right equipment. Now I am well equipped for the bike, but no longer equipped for the run... so I'll do any of these sports except the run. Who wants to join me next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment