- I am always the LAST person to jump on the bandwagon.
- I became an engineer because I like to make stuff.
- I became a teacher because I like working with young people who are so enthusiastic about living.
- "Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone."
- I can't tell you how many times that song has been sung to me by random people completely out of the blue.
- I have never dated anybody named Jack. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever met anybody named Jack that I could have dated.
- I became a computer scientist because it seemed like my best bet for making some contribution to the world that I'd be proud of.
- Computers on my home network are named Besseggen, Kaibab and Kalalau.
- Last week, I bought a computer for the first time in my life.
- I have a strong aversion to almost every form of liquid sugar: non-diet soda, sweetened coffee, sweet tea, syrup, milkshakes, lowfat salad dressing, etc.
- My incurable "sweettooth" should really be called a "fattooth": cheesecake, ice cream, lattes, chocolate, cookies, etc.
- Running is the only exercise that I have managed to do regularly, week after week, for the last decade.
- I own 5 different helmets, each for a different activity.
- I hate sightseeing. There's something about driving for a bit, getting out and looking, then driving a bit more, then getting out and looking, etc... that makes me physically ill.
- When travelling, I'd much rather DO stuff than SEE stuff.
- The previous statement is true about me generally in life, not just when travelling.
- I wrote the previous items almost a year ago, the rest I wrote today.
- I can no longer do #12.
- Having too much to do is better for me than not having enough to do.
- I have too much to do right now.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Dusting off a Meme
I am way over-committed right now. Too many projects going on at work... so rather than writing a new post today, I found a really old post that never got posted. There was this Meme going around Facebook a year ago asking people to list 20 random things about themselves. I wrote 16 things, then shelved it. Here it is, nicely completed: