Monday, February 22, 2010

Dusting off a Meme

I am way over-committed right now. Too many projects going on at work... so rather than writing a new post today, I found a really old post that never got posted. There was this Meme going around Facebook a year ago asking people to list 20 random things about themselves. I wrote 16 things, then shelved it. Here it is, nicely completed:

  1. I am always the LAST person to jump on the bandwagon.
  2. I became an engineer because I like to make stuff.
  3. I became a teacher because I like working with young people who are so enthusiastic about living.
  4. "Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone."
  5. I can't tell you how many times that song has been sung to me by random people completely out of the blue.
  6. I have never dated anybody named Jack. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever met anybody named Jack that I could have dated.
  7. I became a computer scientist because it seemed like my best bet for making some contribution to the world that I'd be proud of.
  8. Computers on my home network are named Besseggen, Kaibab and Kalalau.
  9. Last week, I bought a computer for the first time in my life.
  10. I have a strong aversion to almost every form of liquid sugar: non-diet soda, sweetened coffee, sweet tea, syrup, milkshakes, lowfat salad dressing, etc.
  11. My incurable "sweettooth" should really be called a "fattooth": cheesecake, ice cream, lattes, chocolate, cookies, etc.
  12. Running is the only exercise that I have managed to do regularly, week after week, for the last decade.
  13. I own 5 different helmets, each for a different activity.
  14. I hate sightseeing. There's something about driving for a bit, getting out and looking, then driving a bit more, then getting out and looking, etc... that makes me physically ill.
  15. When travelling, I'd much rather DO stuff than SEE stuff.
  16. The previous statement is true about me generally in life, not just when travelling.
  17. I wrote the previous items almost a year ago, the rest I wrote today.
  18. I can no longer do #12.
  19. Having too much to do is better for me than not having enough to do.
  20. I have too much to do right now.

1 comment:

  1. 5. I guess I'm probably one of those people huh. I'm amused.

    ReplyDelete