Saturday, January 17, 2009

The longest week

This past week may have been the longest week of my life. I'm not sure when I'll be ready to start the next week. Thanks for all of the supportive phone calls, emails, notes, survival gifts, cooking dinner, etc... I really wasn't expecting so much support for taking an exam, but it really helped a lot!

I won't find out about the results of the exam for a couple of weeks. But in the meantime, there is already one good thing to come out of this: a new stove. Yes, that's right. Hubbers has done all of the grocery shopping and most of the cooking for the past two weeks, and suddenly announced that we need a new stove. I've known this for years, but there are so many things we need, it never made the top of the list... until now. He's already done all of his Consumer Reports research and visited every appliance store in town taking meticulous notes about brands, features and prices. Frankly, I'm glad I was too busy taking the comps to accompany him on all that :) Now I just get to say, "Sure, that stove looks good, let's buy it."

No comments:

Post a Comment