Thursday, October 9, 2008

Taos Wool Festival

I went to the Taos Wool Festival last weekend and this is all I have to show for it:
I didn't take any photos during the weekend, so all you get to see is the stuff that I brought back with me. It was a beautiful fall weekend in Taos. It was chilly. It was wet. The leaves were turning golden. The sky was gray. Absolutely perfect!

Hubbers and I drove up with the two dogs and camped out on Saturday with a friend and her son. We went for a couple of short hikes and spent the rest of the time at the festival and the park.

The festival is really all about the wool... You can get beautifully dyed wool yarn, or wool for felting, or undyed yarn, or a whole fleece or even a living, breathing angora rabbit. I already had enough yarn at home to keep me busy for another year. So I bought yarn for the three months after that. Which means I won't need to buy any more until next year's festival.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to go. Next year I am definitely planning on making the trip.

    ReplyDelete