Saturday, December 15, 2007

Another semester is done!

In celebration of finishing my 2nd semester of grad school, I am sharing with you an image of a wave propagating across the surface of a torus. In other words, these pictures are mathematically generated to show how a wave would interact with itself if every edge actually wraps back around to the other side. So this is what I do in school.

Now that I'm done with classes until January, we're heading up to Denver for Christmas and skiing at Monarch for our anniversary. Hopefully I won't suffer too much muscle pain from skiing. We have several pre-paid lift tickets for ski areas in New Mexico and southern Colorado. Then we're headed out to the east coast to meet my new nephew (and visit his family)!

1 comment:

  1. That is a very pretty picture of a wave doing whatever waves do to itself, hypothetically. I miss you and I am glad to hear that your recuperation is going well. Don't overdo it! No more sweeping and vaccuming.

    ReplyDelete