Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy End of Year


I have been mostly without internet since the last post. So here's a recap of the past couple of weeks. We celebrated our anniversary by skiing at Monarch in southern Colorado. I was a bit nervous about skiing after being a couch potato for so long. However, I was perfectly comfortable turning and heading downhill. In fact, my abs feel better after a day of exercising than after a day of sitting.

Then we continued on north to Denver to celebrate Christmas with Troy's family. We also found some time to go hiking through the snow with Sarah and Srin.
I always like to take a project with me when I travel. This time, I didn't have much that would travel well. Fortunately, one of my Christmas gifts was a ball of yarn, a pair of knitting needles and a set of instructions. A day and a half later, I had a scarf. Troy was so excited about this homemade scarf that he would have kept it for himself if it weren't pink. Instead, he drove me to Hobby Lobby during a snowstorm (Denver got 10 inches of snow that day) so that I could get more yarn to make him his own scarf. His is not done yet. I will have to learn how to make the scarf more than one-skein long.

No comments:

Post a Comment