Friday, August 22, 2008

More New Mexico

A couple more New Mexican things that I forgot to put in the last post:

While gardening last weekend, I looked up to see a roadrunner standing about 2 feet from me. He walked around the yard a bit before hopping over the adobe wall that separates us from the neighbors.

While driving to the local high school to run around their track, I saw a guy riding his horse down Arenal. Is horse feed cheaper than gas? You could say that this would only happen in the South Valley, but I've also seen goats crossing Central in the middle of downtown. They were accompanied by people, but I'm not sure if they were simply out for a walk or if there is some business downtown that a goat would want to visit.

And finally... allergies. It is a common myth that you can cure allergies by moving to the desert. Every year, this is proven incorrect. My "fall" allergies start in August and continue right through October. The over-the-counter drugs stopped working at the beginning of this week so I made an appointment to see a doctor. The earliest I could get an appointment is today. In the meantime, it's really been a waste of a week. I can't sleep... or stay awake. After an hour of work, I need a nap. My eyes and throat feel like they're on fire, and so I've stopped running. Hopefully, later today I'll be back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. I'm suffering from fall allergies, too... lemme know if your doc hooks you up with anything good!

    ReplyDelete